Friday, June 17, 2011

Summer Plans List and High School Reading Materials

Does time just pass much more quickly during the summer? Because it sure feels like it.

I say this mainly because I feel like I didn''t have enough time to finish anything today, despite having as many hours in the day as usual. I guess that's a duh comment.

After almost a week of being home, I've finally made a list of things I would like to do this summer. Some of the goals are goofy, and are similar to goals that little kids make. Go to a drive in movie? It's on the list. Make up a song about a silly topic? Yes, that's there too. There are also a few goals that are "big kid" goals like getting accessories for my apartment next year and marathon training. Pretty much all of my goals involve less time with technology and more time... being a kid? I guess. Sure, I'm taking classes and working for my mom Monday through Friday, but I still need to make time for summer stuff. For the longest time, I wasted summers zoning out to the TV. Dang it, not this summer.

One of my goals that I personally think is the most interesting is my summer reading list. The list isn't full of easy reading, or the next big book. I've decided to fill my list with classic novels. The whole thing started earlier this school year, during my English classes. We'd always mention books that everyone should have read in English class. The Catcher in the Rye? The Lord of The Flies? Everyone read these books in high school, right? Apparently not in my high school. The only two classic high school reading books I remember reading were The Great Gatsby and Of Mice and Men. Hopefully the novels I read will be more like Mice than Gatsby. I hated The Great Gatsby because situations that did not need much detail were overly detailed. The part I remember the most? When one of the women is in a car accident and Fitzgerald goes way too much into detail about how she's been ripped apart. It's explained how her boob was ripped off her chest. That's what I remember.

I'm sure I'll think of other things to add to the list, but for now it's looking pretty good.
Tomorrow is a long run day! Ack. It's always scary when you have to run a distance you've never run before.

What are the High School Reading materials that you've never read? Do you have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment