Saturday, June 4, 2011

Palm Reading and Disappointing Runs

Hmm. Today has certainly been an interesting day of sorts. There have been good things, there have been bad things.

First of all good things! Today was the last day of classes, hooray! Now comes a weekend that is kind of until Wednesday, when my first final is.
Also, there were some fun things that went on at campus tonight, including hanging out with people, games of sorts and a comedian. Also, I got my palm read which was... interesting.
Apparently, I have a lot of FIRE! I'm also going to have to travel for my job, but I'm going to go far. I'm going to be that girl everyone wants to be... so, pretty cool I guess.

Now for the bad. Which has to do with my running. Today was long run day, and it was not good. I felt awful and weak. Plus, I needed water like crazy despite drinking a ton of it. Really, I think the thing is that my body is worn down. I haven't gotten much sleep, and I'm kind of sick. I ended up stopping at the halfway mark to get some water because I needed it, and I never stop during my long runs. I ended up only going 11 miles. Bah. I was going to go 12, but I couldn't even go that. I had to walk the last mile home. It's just so frustrating, but I know that my body just needs rest.

I'm done for the evening. Oof.

For my runners out there: Do you ever stop during your long runs?
Have you ever gotten your palm read?

1 comment:

  1. I've never done a palm reading.

    Now that I've started marathon training, with anything over 10 miles, I'm trying to work on thinking of the run as a fluid thing. There might be points where you have to slow down, or stretch or just breathe. It's okay. We're all about finishing. So start there and then we can all work towards perfection :)

    ReplyDelete