Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Running Errands and Weighty Realizations

My phone has been saying an old post has been publishing all day... Ought to figure out what's going on there.

I can't believe it's already Wednesday. I'm getting all of my days mixed up. Not a good thing for the week to come.

Even though I haven't been in school this week, I've been keeping myself busy. Today was a day of running errands, cleaning, and determining what clothes are needed and for what seasons they are needed for. Because of this, I've been trying on clothes to see what fits. This has led me to realizing just how skinny I've gotten.

I have always been the one to mutter, "Damn skinny bitches" under my breath whenever I've seen some models flaunting about or something onscreen. The weird thing about that is I'm pretty thin myself. I don't think I'll ever let myself realize that, because for the longest time I was the biggest one out of the group.

I've never been overweight. I've been lucky enough to have pretty decent genes, a.k.a. the thin ones on my dad's side. (With the hips and thighs of my mom's side, but still.) I was always average. The only problem with being average is when you hang around with a bunch of dancers. Almost all of my really good friends were on the dance team, meaning they were all stick thin. Just because I wasn't overweight didn't mean I didn't feel fat in comparison.
Since then I've lost weight, and running helps me stay this size. If I quit running, my weight would probably explode. That makes things intimidating. For instance, what's my weight going to be in the future? Will people shamefully look at me and sadly say, "Oh, that Hannah. She used to be skinny, but now... How depressing."

Am I over thinking this? Probably. That's why for now I'll simply look in the mirror and exclaim, "Damn I look good!" Like they always say, it's better to live in the present than be overly stressed about things that might happen.

Other than those thoughts going through my mind, simply been thinking about school, cleaning, packing, money, summer... You know, a lot of things.

What do you tell yourself to keep from worrying about weight?

No comments:

Post a Comment