Friday, June 24, 2011

Bakery Breakfast, Libraries and Travelling Solo

I love the feeling of a nice venturing day. Those days where you happen to do things that aren't scheduled, but just errands for things you want to do? That's what I mean.

I started out the morning with a bakery breakfast with two of my friends. I'm not used to eating breakfast at 10 though, so I naturally woke up at 8:30 and waited.
I didn't do much after that until I walked down to the library. Oh goodness, I love the library. It turns out that my card was expired though! Huh. It felt like I had just gotten it renewed. I went in search of only a few specific books...

... and as you can see, I got a little overexcited. I tend to. The book on the top intrigues me most because it's a collection of essays from women who have traveled the world alone.
As I've talked about before, I really want to travel somewhere. Yeah, I know I'm not the only one out there who wants to travel, but I'm not talking about family vacations somewhere. I really want to go somewhere I can explore, even if it's like California. Actually, I really want to go to California and explore things like the Chinese Theater, The Walk of Fame, and Hollywood. Whenever I mention this, I get the reply of, "Okay, you should do that! Who would go with you?"
That's where I hold my tongue. Truthfully, I want to go by myself. However, when I throw that idea out there I instantly hear the warnings of how a girl shouldn't travel alone, because it's dangerous for a girl, blah blah blah. I know that women will always have an elevated risk in traveling, but I'm hoping this book could educate me on safer solo travel and other solo traveler know-how.

Plus there were groceries that were purchased today. I should have bought more green peppers.

So I can eat them like this.
Long run tomorrow... Oh dear. I'm scared, especially since I've been feeling a little off. I hope I'm not getting injured.

Have you ever travelled solo?

No comments:

Post a Comment