Sunday, June 12, 2011

Goals and Weekends

Geez, it feels like I've been go go going! I just got out of school, what is this?

Now, being out of school, I'd like to take a look at the goals that I set at the beginning of the year. I know that the goals are for my entire college career, but since I've gone through a year, I thought it would be good to do another check up.

1.Get a Degree
Hmm. Well, I suppose that at the beginning of the year, I had no clue what type of major I was even interested in. Now with the transfer, I think that I'm closer to finding out what my degree will actually be. I hope. A year done, a year closer to earning that degree.

2.Not Gain the Dreaded Freshman Fifteen
This I think I've done pretty good with, especially since it is the end of my freshman year. Still, we'll have to see how it'll go with this summer. Yeah, today not so great with food today. I haven't gotten heavier than the beginning of the year, but I did get heavier from losing a few pounds during the middle of the year. Eh, I'm a good weight.

3. Not much to say for this one, so let's skip it.

4.Stay out of debt
Hmm. I feel like this will be a thing that I'll feel the affects of later in time. I was told that I didn't spend that much this year, but I still have to worry about paying for my apartment next year and earning money this summer.

5. Keep my grades up
This? This I did well on... not sure about this last term, but a GPA above 3.5? I think that's good. One thing that seems weird about this is that my GPA for WOU won't really matter when it comes to my major, or studying abroad. It's like I have to start all over again. Not exactly, but you know it just feels like that.

6. Make Friends



I think I was successful on this. However, it's another one I feel like I'm starting all over again. New place, new friends. I'm happy that I was able to meet some cool people though.

7. Blog Entry
Lookin' good!

Yesterday a super great thing happened. I passed the half marathon mile mark! 14 miles, aw yeah. And it felt like the running gods were all on my side! I felt good, it wasn't sickeningly hot... Ah. I did stop at mile three because I really needed to go to the bathroom... yeah, don't want to talk about it. Still, I ran that distance! That's all that matters!
Another thing that the running gods blessed me with yesterday was the happy surprise of the Saturday Farmer's Market! Plus, my phone camera decided to start working, so I snapped a few shots. If my Internet will want to work right. Maybe later.

As for today, we had a cake making competition at my aunt's house... this was my sister and I's cake:

I've got to finish up! Hope everyone has a lovely night!

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment