Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The World of Breakfast

Tonight I went to a restaurant called Off the Waffle with some APO people. Breakfast for dinner? Completely acceptable.

They serve pretty much just waffles, all with different toppings. Some are sweet, some are savory, some are a mix of both. All of the waffles are probably quite tasty, but for my first "Off the Waffle" waffle, I decided to go for a sweet treat.

Another reason for the sweet instead of savory was because of how I view waffles. Waffles are something that have to be sweet. Drizzled with syrup, topped with melting chocolate chips... That's just how they have to be eaten! Chicken and waffles simply sounds crazy to me. Syrup covered chicken just seems weird.

Now, I'm all for some combos of savory and sweet. I love bacon and maple doughnuts. French fries dipped in shakes are scrumptious. So why can't I get on board with the savory waffle? The same goes for pancakes. Actually, I'm more of a pancakes girl myself.

As for breakfast in general, I tend to go towards a more savory side. If I don't have protein, I usually get hungry. Strangely enough, I was pretty satisfied after my waffle though. Hm. Anywho, I digress. Truthfully I would always order a sweet breakfast when the event arises. Alas, I tend to go with some protein instead. Maybe next time I'm in C-town at the Broken Yolk, I'll try that giant cinnamon roll.

Almost every morning I have toast/English muffin with peanut butter and jam. Tomorrow, I'm trying something different. I'm trying a protein smoothie. We'll see how that turns out. Seeing as I bought English muffins, I'm not sure how well this will turn out.

What type of breakfast do you usually crave?

No comments:

Post a Comment