Sunday, January 22, 2012

First Day of Filming

It's not you being old. Actually working through work is an extremely helpful tool in the learning process, I agree.

Anywho, hello! What an interesting day it's been.

Today we had our first day of filming on Duck TV! How exciting. It felt quite professional, even though it was just a few college kids. Still, I thought it was exciting.

One of the things I learned today was why I happened to get the lead role. I was told, "Most of the people trying out were theatre kids, with over the top actions. Your performance was more subdued, and more suitable for the television. Well, that certainly got me excited, especially since I've been critiqued for being too over-the-top. Perhaps I'm learning? I'm not sure.

I've learned I like being on a set. I like hearing critiques about what I can do better for a scene. It's fun. Especially if you're in your pajamas.

The truth is though that I'd still like to get more experience in production, simply because I find it fascinating. Still, I have no experience in it. I should get on that.

Another thing I discovered today? No one really knows about Duck TV. Actually, this wasn't much of a discovery, since I hardly knew what it was before I jumped into it. Sure, it's not that well known. But it's an interesting experience, and simply experience in general. Experience in something useful? We'll see.

That's pretty much it. Tomorrow we're filming again, and hopefully we get everything done then. We have until the 29th, but still. It's nice to have a feeling of completion.

In other news, I'm getting a lot better at names. Remembering them, but prononciation? Not so much. Oh dear.

What's an interesting experience you had in college that wasn't necessarily school-related, yet was only available in the college setting?

2 comments:

  1. Awe this reminds me how much I work for my college paper. Enjoy it while you can, doll. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have never thought about the way that theater kids express themselves in that kind of setting, but I have to say, it totally makes sense!

    I'm with Lexie. Working at the paper in college was a perfectly wonderful, unforgettable experience.

    ReplyDelete