Sunday, January 22, 2012

Scheduled Eating Times

One thing that has made me believe I am not a college kid is my need for food. Perhaps it sounds a little strange, but many college kids I know tend to be able to go without food for quite some time. I've had conversations where college kids have said, "Oh. I guess I forgot to eat today. Huh."

HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?

I don't know. I just don't. When I get hungry, it affects everything. Now I don't get hangry like my sister, but here are a few things that happen to me:
  • Become very cold.
  • Shakey
  • Lack of concentration
Pretty much I can hardly think. Imagine my surprise when today I:
Ate breakfast at 9:00 AM
Ate lunch at 1:30 PM
Ate dinner at 9:00 PM

Can you figure out where I was emotionally at 9:00 PM? Just a touch irritable.

I used to be very structured on what times I ate. Thankfully I've worked past that, but not until 9:00 PM. Goodness.

One of the reasons why it's bad to get to an extremely hungry point is because you'll over-eat. Honestly today though, I didn't freak out. I ate normally. Nice.

So, who's not ready for the week to start? Just me? Alright then.

Can you go for long stretches of time without eating? Do you eat at designated times?

1 comment:

  1. I've only forgotten to eat once in my life and the result was heinously uncomfortable. I would love to know what fills that space in the minds of those who are successfully able to "forget."

    ReplyDelete