Monday, January 23, 2012

Time to Run?

It's another one of those "Let's talk about running!" days. Sorry if that's not your vibe.

Being a student, it seems to be easier to schedule in workouts. There tend to be random chunks of time that are in between classes, so you don't have to do it before work/after work. Due to how my schedule works, I usually run in the afternoons during the week.
Sometimes though, you run into a day like today, where you don't have the time to run until 5:00PM. When it's dark. And you tend to not run during said time.

Mainly, I was freaked out about the fact that it was dark, and someone could attack me. But you know what? It was FINE. Worrying over nothing, as usual. Especially since there were quite a few lights outside, so I never was truly in the dark.
Really, the biggest concern I had with this run was if it was going to be as crappy as my Saturday run. Saturday was AWFUL. I left too soon after I ate because of time constraints, and I wanted to hurl for the majority of the run. The overwhelming smell of bacon from restaurants did not help. However, today's run was delightful.

I'm considering doing early morning runs soon. On Tuesday/Thursdays, I don't have class until 8:30 (HA) so I have an extra half hour in the morning. I would get up a little earlier (Perhaps a half hour, 15 minutes) and wait to take a shower, but I think it would be a good idea. If you're an early morning runner, can you give me any tips?

Other than that, not much else to say. It's one of those days.

Do you ever run early in the morning/late at night? What time is your favorite time to run at?

No comments:

Post a Comment