Friday, January 20, 2012

School Online

We're living in a technological age. There's no denying that. Because of this, the whole world is adjusting to this fact to fit in. That includes school.

A lot of my classes are making the move towards doing homework online. Personally, I hate this because of a lot of reasons. For one thing, I can hardly concentrate once I've moved to the computer. I frantically search the web in order to distract myself.

The other reason is... well, I kind of hate the instant gratification. Here, let me explain:

For many of my classes, we find out how we did on a test or assignment online as soon as we complete it. A lot of the time though we end up having to wait for WHY we got so-and-so answer wrong. However, there's also another element to it. Remember when you took a class, and you desperately wanted to find out what you got? You hated waiting, but it almost made it worth more when you did. That's me at least.

All I know is that I would rather have a printed out assignment than a computer one. I just have such a difficult time concentrating. There are so many places online where you can waste your time!

Do you like having schoolwork online, or would you rather have it the old-fashioned way?

1 comment:

  1. I just despise doing homework online. It's distracting and I think that it takes away from the whole "feel" of studying. I so think that being able to quiz in-class and then work through what you did right/wrong as a group is a huge component of the learning process. But maybe that's just me being old ;)

    ReplyDelete