Thursday, January 26, 2012

Running Funk

Hello! The week is almost over, and I have a surprisingly free weekend! Huzzah! (Well, compared to last weekend.)

Recently, running has not been clicking with me. Sure, I've been running. However it hasn't been as nice as before. As usual (as of late), I wasn't in the mood to run. Still I knew that afterwards I would be happy I did it. During my runs though, I've been feeling iffy. Iffy because I'm pushing myself and I don't seem to be getting faster. Iffy because I think I'm actually starting to go slower. Iffy because I'm getting flashbacks to cross country during high school where I was slower than everyone else, and the same thing is happening here in Track Town.

I like being known as a runner. Not the slower runner, but just a runner. Pretty much everyone I talk to runs way faster than me, and it's bringing me down. Maybe that's why running has been feeling so icky lately. I know pace shouldn't matter, but it does. Especially since I've been slowing down. I'm pushing and pushing, but nothing seems to be working.

The thing is, I love how running makes me feel after I run. I love races. Then why has running sucked so much? Why am I running slowly? I'm not over training, so I don't know what's wrong. I just want to get my groove back.
The other thing is, I want to be a runner. I read a thing that said a good percentage of people who start running regularly quit in about a year. I've been running continuously for a year and three month. I want to have as many running anniversaries as I can.

Besides that, not much else to say. I seriously need to do my laundry but I'm making excuses like 1. My soap is over at my aunt's house (I hope) 2. I don't want to pay for it now that I can't do it at my aunt's anymore and 3.I don't want to hang around in a laundry room for a few hours. Yet, I now have no clean running clothes, and I need some before Saturday. Pish. Excuses.

I hate to be a downer! May happier posts be in the future. If it means anything, I had a good day. A few bumps, but nothing awful. Heck, that's life!

My cousin is going to be playing down here tomorrow, so that should be fun!

What do you do when you're in a running funk?

No comments:

Post a Comment