Monday, January 2, 2012

Having Seasons

Since it's January, it's winter time. Obviously. (Well, I suppose if you were in the southern hemisphere... I digress.) For most people, winter means cold weather and snow. It's been kind of cold over here, but there is one big thing that we've been lacking: Snow.

Usually, I don't care that much about snow. Sure snow is nice, but I tend to be apathetic to the weather. However lately, I've been wishing for some snow. Seeing other people playing in the snow is making it very tempting to frolic up to the hills.
I want to go sledding! Or perhaps snowboarding. I've only snowboarded once, but it was quite fun. I also slammed into the ground every five seconds, but I still had a good time.

Funny thing is, when I see people talking about being in warm weather during winter, I'm usually envious. I mean, I know I'll live somewhere warm for at least a little part of my life. Still, recently the idea of warm winters doesn't sound incredible.

On the other hand, hearing about the 80 degree weather at the Rose Bowl today? Definitely made me envious.

Oof. I can already tell this last week of freedom is going to go by way too fast.

Do you enjoy seasons? Or would you rather have only one type of weather?

2 comments:

  1. I love having seasons (which is why I continue to live in MN). That being said, late spring and early fall are definitely my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would do anything to live in a place with seasons! California has one type of weather- warm. It sounds nice (and it can be) but I've never experienced a white Christmas, seeing leaves change, or anything like that. It's hard to believe it's winter right now because it's so damn hot here!

    ReplyDelete