Sunday, January 8, 2012

Everybody's Cooking for the Weekend

Once again, the weekend comes to a close. And once again, I'm mentioning that it's coming to a close.

Not a whole lot to say tonight, only thinking about how I spent the weekend. A lot of time wasted, but at the same time a lot of preparing completed!

Case in point? I now have five servings of soup made up, veggies chopped, and chicken cooked up for at least 4 meals. Although at the same time, I've come to realize that I have no supplies ready to make really anything else. Still trying to plan out meals. It's difficult for someone who isn't used to cooking.
I went over to my sister's house to help her make something called beanoa. (Like quinoa) It was basically veggies, quinoa and peanut sauce, but it was delicious. Funny thing is, our batch didn't have beans in it. The thing about the beanoa was that she had bought most of the ingredients specifically for that recipe. Before college, I did that a few times to practice cooking for school.

Now, I'm trying to find multiple meals with the same ingredients, so it's cheaper. It's hard. Perhaps there's a system to it? For now, I'm hoping that chicken I cooked is versatile. Next time I go grocery shopping, I need to find some stuff so I'm in charge of the next sibling-meal-time. It's a new concept from my sister. All I know is that I have to make something she wants to eat, and I don't think my soup or chicken are going to cut it. (Besides, the soup? Not that amazing. It's okay.)

The soup. I told you, it's hideous.
Speaking of food, a funny thing happened to me today. I ate completely vegetarian. Weird. For me at least.

Hmm. Seems I ended up rambling for a bit of there. Didn't mean to sound so journal-y. Ah well, it happens.

How was your weekend?
How do you plan weekly meals?

1 comment:

  1. Building a pantry and a rhythm is hard, but once you're into it, it's golden. I always have lettuce/tomatoes/onions for salad. I don't usually make elaborate vegetable side dishes so broccoli for steaming/roasting works with pretty much every meal. As for actual dishes, I try to pick recipes that don't have a ton of ingredients. So like...enchiladas are a winner because that list is short and it provides us with a TON of food.

    ReplyDelete