Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Returning From Far Away Lands

So we can agree that schedules are good, irregular sleeping habits are bad? Alright then.

The most recent update in my life is that my other room mate is back. I haven't had a chance to talk to him (not that it would really matter) due to the fact that when I saw him, he had passed out on his bed with the door open. I bet I would have been like that too.

You see, my other room mate informed me that Hao Chen was having some difficulties with his visa when trying to get back to America. Apparently, his transcript printed out wrong so that what appeared were only 4 credits, not 12. 4 credits does not equal a full-time student, thus causing concern. Now it seems that everything has turned out fine. Which is good, because that would not be fun to deal with if he wasn't able to get back to Oregon.

I'm glad he was able to get back, but at the same time I'm not too enthralled with having the two back together again. When only one of the room mates is around, they'll actually (possibly) take notice of my existence. When they're both back? I'm just a shadow in the house. Get what you paid for I suppose, but it's just a bit lonely.

Travelling in the same country can have its own problems, I can't imagine what issues international travel would have. Yes, I've travelled internationally, but it's only either been with an organized group or in the country right next door. The biggest mishap I've had with travel is being stuck in Arizona for a couple of days because our flight was cancelled.

Still adjusting to the schedule, but making progress. ...I still have some homework to do though. It's due at 4:00pm at least, so there's that.

What's the worst travel mishap you've ever had?

1 comment:

  1. The worst travel snafu we had was...three years ago? We arrived in Miami the night before our cruise and the airline had lost our luggage. It only arrived just as we were leaving port. We were SO thankful.

    ReplyDelete