Thursday, January 19, 2012

Natural Disasters

It's nice to see we're mostly all on the big unknown side of life, or at least not 100% sure of what to do. It's reassuring.

Some random notes in my life:
  • Busy day number 2! It's going to be like this a lot now. Tonight I had the meeting with my group for Duck TV, and the show I'm in? I'm the main character. WHAT. How did that happen?!? Obviously, I'm excited. It's not sketch comedy like I thought, it's a story. It's a bit odd to explain, but I'll be sure to talk about it in the future. Filming is happening this weekend!
  • Tomorrow? Tomorrow I am gonna pass out. I haven't been sleeping well, and I finally figured out why. Way too much light floods into my room. The roommates have been leaving the hall light on, and it shines through my door. I just didn't realize that it could be messing with me.
  • The next step of my Study Abroad Application is happening! I can't say much, but I'm excited! Also, I need to find odd jobs. My hours are wacko now.
  • I was going to go grocery shopping on Tuesday, and I'm kind of glad I didn't now. Apparently a couple was held up at gunpoint the day at my store that day. Perhaps I'll go to the other one... Eek.

Where I come from, there aren't a whole lot of natural disasters to worry about. We don't have hurricanes, tornadoes, crazy blizzards... usually we're pretty chill. We're supposed to have a giant earthquake, but they've been saying that for decades. The only problem we've really dealt with has to do with what type of weather we're known for: rain. Most of the time rain doesn't cause that much of a problem, it's just obnoxious. There comes a time when the rain can cause some big stuff though.

Enter: The Flooding.

That's not where I am right now. My town is surprisingly okay, despite being lower elevation. The scary thing is, that's my home town. The last time Oregon had a flooding like this was about 6 years ago, and it was no where near this bad.
I was envious of them earlier when they had snow and we had rain, but now I am not.
At the same time, I kind of wish I could go canoeing in it.

Okay, I have got to get to bed. Just have to wait until 5 to be completely free tomorrow... Huzzah.

What natural disasters do you have to deal with in your town?

No comments:

Post a Comment