Friday, January 13, 2012

The Reason For Music

It's the weekend! Huzzah! ...Now what?

Lately, I've been running with headphones again. I know I can run without them, but they've helped me discover something delightful: I tend to run faster with music. It's because of the beat. Trying to keep to the beat of the upbeat song, I start going faster. It can be exciting.
Music with running is a good thing for another reason, and that is distraction.

That's the reason I listen to music usually. I like having it for a distraction, like in the car or walking to class. It's for that same reason why I can't listen to music with words while reading. If music is playing, I think about the words in the songs, not on the page.

I wish I could be more passionate about music, but that's not the case. Once, I saw a guy at a concert who was simply listening. No dancing, no chatting to a neighbor. Just listening. I think that's a little cool.

For now, I'll stick with the running music.

What do you listen to music for?

3 comments:

  1. Heya! I'm so glad you got my package! Sorry the Godiva coupons were expired...I need to read things sometimes. XD

    Music gives me some go-go juice. Though my choice of workout music is more likely to be symphonic metal or German musical theatre. Hehe, I like Top 40 music well enough, but I wouldn't listen to it on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listen to music during my commute, but the numero uno reason for it in my life is definitely so that I can keep a consistent pace when I'm running and push myself to stick with it when I'm getting tired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get SO bored if I run without music. I've done two half-marathons without my iPod and it was torturous. It keeps me distracted from the pain!

    ReplyDelete