Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekly Schedule, Gifts and Cooking Meat

Goodness, how is it already so late? Ridiculous.

Truth be told, I tend to like the beginning of my school week more than the end. Strange? I know, but there's a reason for my madness. At the beginning of the week, I have less to deal with in my classes. As the week goes on though, I start getting busier and busier. However, usually after class on Monday, I have quite a chunk of time. Today was pretty busy though. Eh, what can you do.

Before I finally stop talking about my birthday, I want to show y'all the lovely gifts I received.

My mom and dad (really, all my mom) got me this nice running gear:

Plus, that adorable apron. I can't wait to use it! I also got a jacket and a purse from her, although the jacket was an odd exchange:

"Hey, do you like this?"
"Yeah, it's cute."
"Good, you can have it for your birthday."
Yeah, that's how she works. She likes having excuses to hit up Ross and TJ Maxx.

My sister got me two very cool things:

Tikki Masala Sauce and the metal tin thing. Apparently, it's a type of lunch box thing from India, how cool! Reminds me of bento boxes. I can't wait to use it!

Finally, my aunt got me this:

A dumbbell, you ask? That's strange. Well it would be, but take another look:

It's a clock! I saw this in a magazine maybe a year ago, and I thought it was the most interesting thing. No, it's not interesting because it's a dumbbell. It's interesting because it's an alarm clock that you can't push a button to turn off. You have to do bicep curls. This tells you how lazy I am, doesn't it? I'll try to make an alarm make me do bicep curls. I'm trying it for the first time tomorrow.

It seems the theme this year was clothing, fitness and food, huh? Speaking of food...

My hopelessness in the kitchen has been getting better, but there's always one problem I tend to run into. Whenever I'm cooking patties or a chicken breast or something, my pan always turns into a pan filled with chopped up or crumbled meat. Why? Well, whenever I'm cooking, it appears that the outside cooks, but the insides never do. Then, as a precaution, I always end up chopping it all up (Yes in the pan. I'm kind of ridiculous like that.) hence always having chopped meat. It's fine for now, but I really think a burger could be nice.

To all of you cooking out there, I have to ask: how do I cook meat and actually get it cooked all of the way through?

Welp, that's all from me. Some magazine reading is in order perhaps? Probably bed would be better.

What's the quirkiest gift you've ever given/received?

1 comment:

  1. I would say as far as meat is concerned, go to the food network, find a recipe for a chicken breast in the pan/baked and follow it to a T. Also, buy an electric meat thermometer. LIFE CHANGING. There is no more guessing.

    Such a cute apron!!!

    ReplyDelete