Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Disney for the Older Crowd

Today, I spent a little less than six hours watching Disney movies. Yeah, I know. Don't worry, I was with a group of people, so it's not as depressing as it sounds.

Disney movies are so bizarre once you get older. Actually, it's like that for all kids movies. There are some things that you don't notice before, like the adult humor, but then there's simple logic that defy the laws of physics that just make you wonder why that's like that. Sure, you don't really think about the craziness of a flying magic carpet, but how on earth did they get over to China so quickly? Plus, things just seem to disappear out of thin air, then reappear in random areas.

Yes, we had discussions about this. The agreed idea was that items were stowed in cleavage. Makes sense.

It's only Tuesday, but it feels a lot like it should be the weekend. I'm almost glad it's not yet, because I have stuff to do!

What was something you didn't notice at first from a kid's movie, then noticed when you watched it when you were older?

1 comment:

  1. I think that when my younger brother and I watched Free Willy when we were in college, the treatment of the Native Americans seemed less Sage and Wise and more racist.

    You just can't revisit some parts of you life.

    Also not as magical: Homeward Bound.

    ReplyDelete