Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Little Green Guy

It's nice to know that this bloated feeling will pass. You know, if I don't continue stuffing my face like a crazy. Or whatever. Geez, I get off track before I even start talking, don't I?

Did I say I received a tree from the race? Yes, yes I did.

This is a Douglas Fir. It is the official state tree of Oregon. I have no idea where to plant it. At first it was alright, sitting in a cool area in my house. However, I started to worry about the life of this tree. How long could it last not being in some soil?

I decided that this little guy needed to be planted, but where? I don't know any good places down here for my little tree to live, there's no place here that's special to me yet. On the other hand, this guy needed to be planted.

Now he's in a cup. In my windowsill. Did I mention that this is a Douglas Fir? Yeah, the stupidity of the situation is understood. It's almost like one of those movies where a person takes in an exotic animal and takes care of them. The situation is adorable until the creature becomes an adult lion/gorilla/bear/elephant/whatever. Except this is a freakin' tree. I cannot keep a tree that will "grow between 80-200 feet tall" in my apartment. My life does not need to become a family friendly film where a crazy woman decides to let a tree grow out of her apartment, letting it take over the whole place.

I can honestly say I did not expect this to become a post about a tree, but here we are. This is becoming a strange week indeed, and it's only Tuesday.

Where should I plant this tree?

2 comments:

  1. That's such a cute little tree! Buahaha, I hope he's not like a pig you'll wind up slaughtering to decorate your house at Christmas with. Like that "A Day No Pigs Would Die" book I had to read in middle school.

    But wow, congrats on your race! You seriously kick ass! And that's not just because I groan about the concept of jogging two miles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told Marcus about your tree the other night and he laughed trying to imagine me accepting a tree after the marathon.

    That being said, your little friend has made it home and seems...happy. Maybe Google when the best time for re-planting is? You could always live with him for a year and then re-plant him.

    p.s. The alarming starvation-hunger finally disappeared on Sunday. Until then, just keep eating. The calories are going towards healing.

    ReplyDelete