Sunday, October 23, 2011

Happy birthday to me! Well, officially yesterday, anyways.

Instead of another bullet list post, I'll try to think of something coherent to write.

This was certainly a weird birthday. It didn't really feel like a birthday. It just felt like... a day. where I went out to eat, and had some cake. Ate until I was sick, but it's my birthday, dangit. Still, it just felt weird.

I ended up staying up way too late the night before, and ended up waking up early again. Probably not the best idea, but what are you going to do, right?
I went to breakfast with my parents. I told them all about how school is going. I did laundry. I went out to dinner with my cousin and sister, who made me an amazing cake. The levels included cream cheese and funfetti frosting, red velvet cake, chocolate mousse, and a brownie/cookie mix. YUM.

But that's it. I was going to run today, but with the maybe 5 or less hours of sleep, and my body trying to shut down from overworking it/being sick, I thought it was okay to not go.

Being that I just moved to my new school, I'm still getting to know people you know? So, I just don't really have good friends to spend time with over at UofO. It just stinks, you know?

Like I said, it didn't feel like anything very different. Just an average day, with slightly above average events. I know I should be complaining, but... it just didn't feel special. Shouldn't turning 20 feel special? Sure, I could have made an event, but I don't really know anyone at UofO. Who would I invite?

Still, I'm super appreciative of my sister and cousin for going out with me, and making me an awesome cake. My parents are pretty great for taking me out to breakfast too.

How did you feel about turning twenty?

No comments:

Post a Comment