Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween and The Avengers

Halloween is coming, and I've gotta be honest: I'm way behind schedule. I mean, I think I finally decided on what my costume was going to be two and a half weeks ago. Ridiculous.

I've actually had part of my costume for awhile now, but today was when I got the detail supplies. Which means putting it together has been happening this evening.
Surprisingly, it's been put together quite quickly. Currently, I'm at the slow part which is sewing but I'm feeling like I'm moving pretty well on it. Maybe watching Captain America while making it made me go faster. When it's done, I'll be sure to show it off!

The funny thing is, I have no idea what I'm doing for Halloween weekend. We all know it's the whole weekend, anyway. For now, I just need to worry about my costume.

Before watching Captain America, I was indifferent about The Avengers. Sure, it looks alright. Now, I'm starting to get excited. I think it's going to be a really fun movie! Plus, there's something about bringing characters together that seems exciting. It's similar to when TV shows cross characters over from other shows I suppose. It's like... universes colliding? What would that character do if they met that character? I don't know why I (or other people) like that idea so much, but maybe it feels like an inside joke.

As for the Avenger squad, I'm thinking Captain America's at the top of my list now. Poor guy defrosts about 65 years after he knows anyone? I feel for ya. Plus, there's something about his "Good ol' American boy" that's somewhat endearing. Iron Man is another one I like, which is kind of weird. Sure, he's a popular character, but he's kind of a dick. Seriously.

Oh, media industry you sneaky little sneak. You make all of these superhero movies, make us like/get to know them, and then make a big superhero extravaganza that's probably going to make y'all rich(er)? Ah well, I forgive you. I love these superhero movies.

Except Hulk. Hulk was a weird one. Just a lot of running around... in the desert. Then again, I never saw the newer one.

Do you like superhero movies? Are you excited for the Avengers? Who's your favorite Avenger?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not really a superhero person at all, to be totally honest. Marcus has brought some superheroes into my life but not on any sort of major level.

    ReplyDelete