Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Trouble With a Lack of Motivation

I don't know how else to put this... but I think I'm becoming a bad student.

There's really only one reason why I think this, and it's because I've been extremely lazy. You see, with all of my classes being basically midterms and finals, it's hard to keep motivated. When you have no assignments, and the professors don't even care if you're there, it feels kind of pointless. I've been wasting a lot of time, simply because I have a lot of time to do nothing. This frustrated feeling from accomplishing nothing? It's not a good look for me.
I'm two chapters behind on my Journalism reading. I need to get some notes from class that the professor went too quickly through online. I'm annoyed that there's
time I could have used to get ahead.

The thing is, I haven't missed any deadlines for turning things in. The first quiz in HPHY I got an 100% on, and I've gotten good grades on both of my EBs. I wrote a fairly decent paper for being a very rough draft in Writing. I've read the chapters for the first four chapters of Journalism, with notes. From that viewpoint, it looks like I'm doing pretty well. Still, while looking back at all of the free time I've had, it just seems crappy.

Yes, I realize I'm the effing annoying kid in class who feels bad when they got a 93 instead of a 95. Sue me. I just hate that feeling of looking back at your day and thinking, "Did I accomplish anything today? No. Well hell."

I suppose I did accomplish one thing today. I rode my bike a little less than 4 miles, got a part of my Halloween costume (!) and rode back. That's something, right?

How do you get yourself motivated when you feel like there's no reason to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment