Friday, October 7, 2011

It's Coming...

I'm going to talk about running today. Okay? Alrighty.

My run in in less than 36 hours. There's the expo for the race tomorrow. For some reason, I'm less freaked out than I thought I would be. Anxious, but not really freaked. The only thing I'm really freaked out about is the fact that I can feel a cold coming on.

As for prep, I've been a bit distracted. My last run was on Thursday, and I'm supposed to walk two miles. I've followed the training as close as possible, making sure not to overdo it when I feel an injury coming on. Does that mean my race is going to go perfectly? I have no idea. No matter what training you do, on race day anything can happen. I've heard all of the stories, good and bad.

For now, I'm going continue to... let's call it "carboloading". I did happen to read something on my running calendar that said, "Before a race, you shouldn't eat a huge amount of carbs the night before. Eat a decent amount of carbs for a few days before instead so you don't have to stop for multiple bathroom breaks." So... yeah. "carboloading.". Pish.

Have any big plans for the weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you, lady! I can't wait to hear about how your race goes - I'll be doing a run at ~8 AM CST so when things get tough, just know that the Running Pack in The Sky is with you!

    ReplyDelete