Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What Happened This Summer?

Welp, tomorrow is the beginning of September. Wait, what?! Goodness, when the heck did that happen?

For most of us, September means that summer is over. For K-12, school started around the beginning of September, so in my mind it's always been the end of summer. However, now it seems my school year starts at the end of September now that I'm in college. Which is weird. Another weird thought that comes to mind is that when I'm done with college, I will never have a summer break again. Unless I'm a teacher. That's just sad in my book. Where will I get all of that time to waste?

Despite still having a little less than a month left, I've been thinking about what I've actually accomplished this summer. Some big things were:
  • Ran a 20 mile run, plus a lot of other runs
  • Completed a full year of College Spanish
Only two big things, but they seemed pretty big. I did do a lot of other things this summer though. For instance, I did quite a bit of reading. At the beginning of summer, I said I would read all of the classic literature that everyone has to read in classes. That... did not happen, but I did get a lot of reading in. There was Chelsea Handler, Brave New World, random books from the library telling me helpful hints about life, just whatever looked interesting. Besides, isn't that what you should read anyway? Currently I'm reading a book called Hungry, and it's a memoir from this model who's a plus sized model now. I remember reading something about it in a magazine awhile ago, and it sounded interesting. She kind of goes off topic a lot though.

There were a lot of little things that happened this summer as well. Time with family and time with friends. Time spend outside in the wonderful sun.Time wasted. Time well spent. Time spent trying to cook, failing miserably.

Overall, it's been a pretty good summer. I'm not sure I'm ready to go back! On the other hand, I'm excited for what lies ahead this school year.

What big things happened in your life this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment