Monday, August 22, 2011

Driving: The Good and The Bad

Let's talk about driving. Okay? Okay.

I know that I'm not a fantastic driver. I also know that I'm not a terrible driver either. If I were to grade myself on my driving, I'd say I'm a B- or a C+. Alright, but not amazing. My turns are way too wide, and I can drift to certain sides. Definitely not perfect.
That doesn't mean I don't have my golden moments though. Which brings me to last night.

After the concert, it was an hour and a half drive back to my cousin's house. We were both exhausted, so we stocked up on the caffeine and headed out into the night.
We finally got to the point where were about 15 minutes from her home. It was out in the country, and the speed was 55. It was dark, and hard to see anything. The road was empty except for our car...

...And suddenly two deer.

Source
This could have ended up me telling you guys a terrible story about how my car was totaled. Or maybe not even being able to tell you, but no. I have skills, and was able to stop the car with plenty of space to spare. Perhaps this isn't a true feat, but I certainly felt proud of myself. After we had let the deer cross and returned home, my cousin replied,
"If that we me, we would have totally hit those."

A bit of an ego boost? You bet. It just helps to reassure me that I might just be an okay driver. Despite what my sister feels whenever we're in the car together.

Before we go, I have a final note on my driving. I have an odd quirk when I'm driving, and that's I blink for basically everything. Everyone I know makes fun of me for it.
Oh, that includes parking spaces. I blink into parking spaces. I swear, my driver's ed teacher told me you should. So I do.

Are you a good driver? What's a weird driving habit you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment