Sunday, August 14, 2011

Making Mix Tapes

I can't believe that it's already Sunday. Probably because I had my long run today, eh? Goodness. It was an alright run, but let's just say I need to go for that 20 miles next week. 19 has been nice, but no more!

What does one do after they've gone on a long run, you ask? Why, if they're anything like me they decide to finally make those mix cds they've been thinking about making for awhile now.

I especially like the CD titled You're Amazing! According To These Songs. I really didn't know where else to put the songs that were all about love. It's quite a popular subject, can you believe it?
(That's sarcasm.)

One of the things about my music is that I've got what feels like to two complete opposite sides of the spectrum of music. I've got quite a bit of indie type music, like Death Cab and folky eclectic weird stuff. However, at the same time I have a lot of pop-y cheesy music. Stuff that's cornbally enough for top 40, yet isn't necessarily played there. I like a lot of music that I could very well be judged for. If you take a look at my Itunes, you'll see mostly:
  • Lily Allen
  • Lonely Island
  • Panic! At The Disco
  • The Killers
  • J Pop
  • Owl City
  • OK Go
  • Death Cab for Cutie
  • Regina Spektor
  • Kate Micucci
  • Two Door Cinema Club
  • Annette Hanshaw
  • Hello Goodbye
  • We Are Scientists
  • A good deal of musical soundtracks... oh dear.
Yeah, it's a strange mix. But you know what? It's what I like. I like having the ability to jam out to the wannabe emcee stylings of the Lonely Island one minute, then the 1930s tunes of Annette Hanshaw.

I must be going for the evening. I hope y'all have a pleasant one!

What type of music do you listen to?

1 comment:

  1. I'll listen to basically anything, but when I'm running, it's ALL pop/dance club-type stuff.

    ReplyDelete