Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Procrastination and Getting on the Bike

I've officially become what I avoided being this whole school year. An extreme procrastinator.

Alright, maybe it's just because I don't have that much of this class left. It also could be because on Mondays and Wednesdays I end up having a big chunk of time to work on my work. But during the school year if I ever did homework, I didn't have anything distract me. Now... let's just say I've been doing a lot of multitasking. Not so good. I am doing my work... just other things are going on while I do it. I'm thinking this habit will change once it's the real school year again.

Other than homework, I did do something today that I haven't done in quite a long time. I rode a bike.

Yeah, it seems a little weird, but I just haven't done it in a long time. I've had my reasons, like my bike has been messed up for awhile. Every summer I have to fix it, and this summer I just haven't done it. Maybe I'm resentful of it. However, I was able to ride a friend's bike that is staying at our house for a bit to my dad's work and back.

I suppose I don't hate biking. I don't like biking in competitive or athletic form is all. One of the things that I dislike to do the most is ride bikes with other people because I am slow. That makes me feel crappy about myself, therefore building hatred towards the metal demon. (Okay, not that bad. Right.)

I like the idea of leisurely biking down a little road, not in a race setting. Spinning sounds awful.

That's all I've got for today, so I'll see y'all later.

What athletic activity do you like to do alone? With a group?

No comments:

Post a Comment