Friday, August 26, 2011

Hiking Adventures

As I said yesterday, I went hiking today!

I'm usually not the hiking type. I don't do camping, and hiking is similar to that. However, when a friend asks you to go hiking, you say why not? It was lovely.
I wasn't sure if the weather was going to be very good for hiking because last night there were some crazy thunderstorms. Fortunately, it cleared up and we were on our way.

We explored. We ventured. I fell on my ass in the river during the first 10 minutes, causing my lower half to be partially soaked for the rest of the hike. It didn't matter though, it was still a good hike.

The lack of pictures is due to the fact that after my fall, my bag was soaked and so my electronics (phone and camera) went into my friend's water backpack. Yeah, he's extreme. Actually, I can't find my camera at the moment, so no pictures at all. Boo.

This is the guy who started running this year, and basically became an extreme running dude. He's already run the distance of a marathon, but he's never actually run a race marathon. Today, he signed up for the Portland Marathon! Hurrah!

Speaking of which, I'm not ready to run tomorrow. Buh, I was so tired last time. I hope that tomorrow's run will be alright.

Have you gone on any outdoor adventures lately?

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO like you. If a friend invited me to hike, I would probably go, but camping is absolutely not my bag.

    Honestly, beyond running outside and drinking wine on our patio, I have done zero outdoor activity. But I feel like I've probably logged enough time outside?

    ReplyDelete