Saturday, August 6, 2011

Long Run Wins and Losses

It's only ten thirty, and I'm already starting to doze off. Geez I feel like an old person.

As you probably know by now from reading here, today was my long day run. Due to the fact that I've been having long runs that aren't so great, I've been terrified to even go on this run.
Despite all of that, I was given hopeful inspiration, and told myself over and over again not to worry. (Thanks for the advice, Kat!)

And you know what? I was able to run 19 miles nonstop today. It was AWESOME.

After everything was coming up my way, I was feeling pretty snazzy. A little sore, but no pain; decent pace...
...Then I ended up stabbing my foot.

As I was falling to the floor, all I could think was, "DAMNIT how is this going to screw up my running?!?!"
Yes, that's where my priorities are.

What happened was I was walking back inside from hot tubbing with my sister to the inside door. Our deck is very old you see, and because of this it's kind of falling apart. That includes the top parts of nails sticking out. Guess who drags their feet just a little bit?

I just want to be able to run... Bah.
And that's all I have to say. Yup.

What type of injury have you gotten to possibly prevent your exercise routine?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, girl! Staving off fretfulness can be so hard sometimes, but your body will carry you through it all.

    I hope that your foot feels better soon - just make sure to be gentle to yourself during this recovery period.

    ReplyDelete