Friday, August 12, 2011

Touring the Old Home Town and Fun Runs

Goodness, today has been one of those days where you have to rush for a couple of hours, then chill for a few hours, then repeat.
I had to visit my old hometown today, which is always odd. Not my home-home town, but my home town that I lived in from birth to about 4 years old. Because of that, I don't have too many memories from the town but it's always interesting to see the places where you grew up.
My parents happened to grow up in that same town, so the sis and I went touring while my dad explained what was what. That included his one room schoolhouse, grandma's old house, and... the house of one of his old classmates who killed her husband. Yeah, it's a kind of weird town.

Welp, tomorrow I'll be doing a little fun run. Musses up my running schedule a bit, but nothing that can't be worked with. The main reason that I wanted to sign up for this little race was so it would give me incentive to go to the Scandinavian Festival. I love the festival, but I just haven't gotten to get up there for the last few years.
I've got to be honest though. The main reason I love the festival is because of the quirky and delicious foods. Like meat pies. Yes, sounds disgusting, but it's quite amazing.

What places of your past do you like to visit?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, goodness. I would love to visit the small town in Minnesota that my mother's parents (and their families, etc.) settled in. It's such a perfect little town!

    ReplyDelete