Saturday, August 27, 2011

Commenting and the Internet

So I have a confession.

Sometimes, when I say that after I have a long run, I just move slowly. For a lot of the time, that's true. However, sometimes I just want time to chill before I go off and do other things. That's what's happening now. Then again, that could really be part of me just moving slowly after a long run as well.

Actually, I have another confession.

I am a lurker. Okay, that sounds creepy let's explain that shall we?
Online, there are many wonderful places, and things that people create. Blogs, for instance. And with many of these things online, there are places where others can comment. Comments are what can fuel some of the Internet community to do great things! Sometimes the fans of something can say things more witty than the creators of such things. That's where I have a problem. I'm terrible at commenting on things, and I know that commenting is awesome. There are times where I will go through the entire archive of something and never comment. I have about 20 blogs on my blog roll. I regularly comment on about 3 of those, and sometimes I'm iffy then. There are a few channels on YouTube that I really enjoy watching. Have I ever commented on these videos? No. Why is that?

I think part of the reason for my lack of commenting comes from the good ol' comparison problem. You see, some people have incredible fans. That's intimidating. It shouldn't be, but for me, I try and compare to the most amazing fan they have. What if my comment seems dumb in comparison? Then again, there are the boatload of other comments on the Internet that involve "BOOBS DICK", but I don't compare myself to them. Why is that? Hm.
I suppose another thing is I'll think of a comment, think about writing it, then forget. I'm kind of lazy sometimes, remember?

Another thing that I realize is that commenting on blogs can help get others to take a look at my blog. And make others more likely to comment on my blog as well. Because currently, I think five people, including my sister and mother read my blog. Yeah.

I like commenting, I just never know if my comment is going to come across stupid. Still, I really ought to try and comment more. I think I just want my first comment on any blog/vlog/whatever to be a witty one. Like anyone will remember? No. Who cares? It's a comment, they feel nice. Just another example of me, over thinking a situation.

Speaking of which, my sister was talking to me the other day and she asked, "Who's this Kat that said something about urban U of O or whatever?"
To which I replied, "Oh, it's another blogger, I read her blog too."
"Wait. You've never actually met this person?"
"Nope."

Oh, the power of the Internet. (And I'm still thinking about doing a U of O life thing, but if I do it won't be until I actually get down there. So we'll see.)

Other than that, been bitten by a lot of bugs lately! What's the deal with that?

What's your online status? I.E. are you a lurker or an avid commenter?

1 comment:

  1. I am more than happy to be one of the proud five :)

    I'm SUCH a lurker it's not even funny! And I totally have the same problem explaining People I Met On The Internet to my family. It perplexes them to no end.

    ReplyDelete