Sunday, August 28, 2011

Running Roadblocks

I promised myself that I wouldn't talk as much about running, but... here we are.

My run yesterday was a great run, but there was one little part that wasn't great. Between miles 2 and 3, I started getting a pain just above my heel on the back of my leg. It faded quickly, but after my run it felt like there was a bruise there.

I told my family of this. They said it could be my achilles. Yeah, that didn't make very happy. What made me less happy is what I'm going to have to do.

I'm going to take more than one day off of running. I haven't done that since December.

You see, many runners have a problem with taking days off. I know that I'm not the only runner who has a problem with this. Still, I know that if I don't take more than a day off, I could injury myself even more.

All I know is that I will complete that marathon in October, even if I have to crawl across that finish line.

And who knows? Maybe a little rest will be good. I talked to another person who has run a couple marathons today, and her longest run was 16 miles! How crazy is that?

Other than that, been hanging at my family's house. Yup.

Do you have trouble taking breaks from training despite risk of injury? Or do you stop at the first sign of anything wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment