Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lack of Motivation and The World of Bloggers

I believe that the effect of studying for a good chunk of the day burnt me out, causing me to have a lack of motivation to complete anything today. That, and receiving a certain paper back.
Don't you hate it when you get great marks on the smaller assignments, making you think that you're writing everything right, then discovering that apparently you're not when it comes to the big essay? No? Just me? I know, I shouldn't be complaining about this, but I honestly thought that my writing had been good for the class. Well, I'll just be done with that for now, but I just wanted to get it out.

The blogging world is such a quirky, fun place. It's amazing how people can connect, tell incredible stories, and just create an environment where you can find at least one person if not many with the same interests. Before I started blogging, I occasionally looked at some blogs. I never really read any of the blogs on a regular basis though. As I started blogging, I started exploring blogs more often. Soon I had my regular blogs. I continued getting more regular blogs on my reading list, and I still am finding more blogs I like. (There's too many, it's ridiculous!)
Now it's funny because sometimes I end up thinking about some of my favorite bloggers like someone I know in real life. On a run recently, this is seriously how I was thinking:

I wonder if Annie's finals went well. They should be done by now.
Speaking of finals, how exciting that Lexie graduated from college! I wonder how she feels now that it's over.
I wish I had the confidence of taking pictures like Caitlin.
Gosh, all of the 50's inspired dresses that Jessica wears are so adorable. I seriously want to steal her clothes.
Speaking of things that are adorable, all of the treats that Erica makes look so fun and tasty. I wonder how her move has been going.
Rachel has been doing lots of home decorating hasn't she? And she just went on vacation, it looked really pretty.
Oh, that reminds me, how much longer is Mimi staying in the UK? She goes to the coolest places over there.
I can't believe Ashley went and ran a half marathon with her fiance who only had run a four mile run before. Crazy. She is a beast, and it's meant in the best way possible.
And Kat? Getting ready for her wedding, training for a marathon, and having two loved ones graduate right after another? Girl has a lot on her plate!

If you didn't already guess by now, those are a few of the blogs I read the most. Sometimes I'm forgetful in commenting, and some I miss a post or two. There are even more blogs than that that I like to look at. Geez, they're all women aren't they? Maybe it's just me, but I feel like a lot of bloggers are women.

To these bloggers, I'd like to say thanks. Not just to the ones who've peeked at my own blog (but you guys are AMAZING), but to all of you who have let the rest of us into your awesome lives. For being real, even if we can't prove it. For inspiring us unintentionally or on purpose. I'm pretty sure a huge part of the reason I thought it would be cool to do a half marathon is because I saw so many bloggers who had run them, or even farther. Bloggers who had only run 5ks, and had wrote about how scary that was. So anywho... yeah. Bloggers are cool.

Another thing I've noticed? All of the bloggers I read are older than I am by a couple of years. Many of them are about my sister's age (I think). Once again, I am drawn towards older people. Odd.

The main reason I started thinking about this was because Lexie messaged me asking about adding a Name and URL thing to the comments like so many other bloggers I know do. Currently, I am not sure how to do that. My skills in the language of HTML have disappeared, so I'm not sure what to do to fix that. It's like any language, you've got to continuously use it or you lose it. It could be because of Blogger, but I'm not really sure. So, if anyone has any knowledge on that... let me know! That would be great. (Geez, how far I've fallen in my tech skills.)

Right now I am lacking any good food for snacking. At first, I thought this would be a good thing so unnecessary snacking would not occur, but this is not the case. I've realized when I'm hungry, but not hungry for a full meal, I need snacks. Peanut butter, Top Ramen, and Bagel Thins are not good munchy foods. I shall jack some snacks from home when I pass by on Thursday.

My feet are horrendously disgusting. Good lord. Now that you know the status of my feet, you can sleep soundly. Or have nightmares, your choice.

How have blogs affected you? What are some of your favorite blogs?

1 comment:

  1. Okay, it is SO funny that you wrote this post today because I was thinking of you for some reason when I was on the treadmill and I was like, OH GOD.

    Seriously. We're so on the same page.

    We can finally name/URL! You make my life, lady!

    ReplyDelete