Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring Days Done Right

"Oh my gosh, it's so GORGEOUS today!"

"Welcome to The Bracelet Hour, today we're talkin' about charms"

"Hii! Hi. Hiiiiii Lucy!"


These are things that I repetitively said today. Especially the part about the beautiful weather. I never wanted it to go away. One of the other two had to do with talking to a one year old, can you tell which one?

Today I ended up going up to Washington, a thing that just sounds so weird once you say it. Traveling to another state in one day? And not even the whole day? Granted, it was right on the border, but still.

I ended up going to Washington for my little second cousin's birthday.

Fun! In case you didn't realize by now, I have a lot of cousins. And I'm pretty close to most if not all of them.

The weather today? Just fantastic. It was like Mother Nature suddenly looked at the calendar and said, "Hey! When did May happen? Oh well, let's make it nice out." I just wanted to sunbathe.

There were a few things that came to light today, I believe. Like:
  • I forgot how cool I think it would be to be part of Saturday Night Live. Also, ridiculous accents are awesome, and everyone should try to do them.
  • I think babies around 1 are my favorite, because if you're able to make them happy with something simple, they will adore you. Plus, they're at the age that they still like to be held, but if they are learning how to walk...
  • ...it's fun to help them along.
  • Time flies. And no, it's not (just) because it was a birthday I thought about this, but one of my cousins brought this up:
"Hey, did you go to Stumptown this year?"
"Wait, I thought we just went to that!"
"Hannah... that was last year."

...Yeah. So time flies. Goodness.

And these two are partners in crime.
These pictures are from my mom's camera, and taken mostly by... one of my cousins I believe? And my sis. Thanks mom! (She has such a nice camera, goodness.)

Yes, my family is a bit ridiculous, but it makes them a lot more fun.
On a last note, this is how everyone should now try to eat cake:
The one year old way. It's quite efficient, really.

Did Spring come your way this May Day?

1 comment:

  1. Your family party snaps are just adorable! Sadly, we STILL don't have anything that resembles spring going on so fingers and toes that resolves itself soon (read: tomorrow could be the day!).

    ReplyDelete