Monday, May 30, 2011

The Search For Housing and Possibly Finding Transportation

How can someone come out of the shower smelling worse? Because that's a weird smell coming from my room mate, and she just got out of the shower. Maybe she uncovered something, and that's causing the smell?

How's that for an introduction? Anywho, today was quite a busy day! I looked around at places to live, all that jazz. Truthfully, I only met with two of the people whose ads I messaged. Still need the other person to get back to me.

The first one ended up being a no go just because it was so far away, and they wanted someone now. The people living there were kind of odd too.

We looked around at other buildings as well, just to see what prices I could get if I planned on living by myself.

The other place I looked at was pretty good. It was right on campus, and the other tenant was really nice. She's from China, and so is the other guy who lives there. The biggest downside is that it's an old apartment building, so it's not very pretty. I suppose I could spruce it up though.
I've looked around at other options, and I'll still keep looking.
Still, I think I might have found my place to live. We'll see.

What's in other news? Well, for awhile now, my parents have been talking about getting me a car of some kind. It all has to do with my mom needing the car that I'm driving currently, and all that jazz. I tell them I don't need one but honestly, I don't know if I would be able to do things without a car. I don't like asking for things like that still. Anyway! Today we passed by a used car on the way back home. Possibility for a car? Perhaps! It has a decent amount of mileage, but I think it would be good. A car is one of the last things on my mind though.

Paper that's due tomorrow? I do not want to write you. Bah. But I must.

What's your strangest housing search experience been?

No comments:

Post a Comment