Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Comparing Dorms to Home, Spring Days and its Downsides (But Not Really)

I think the internet on my computer didn't want to turn on so I wouldn't watch a show while getting ready for bed. I suppose it's for the best. Therefore, we have a phone-based post for the evening.

The mess in my room? It's getting ridiculous. The thing is, I don't understand why. Almost every day I clean, yet it gets messy an hour later. At first I blamed it on my lack of ability to clean. Now I blame it on lack of space.
I think that's one of the things you take for granted when (if) you're living in a house with your parents before college. That shampoo? Can't go in the bathroom, it's a community bathroom. Those books? If they don't fit on the shelf, there's no where else to put them.

Spring has come (for sure, I think this time). It's a nice feeling, yet it's almost toxic for being a student. The lovely weather makes you want to sit outside, relax, and hang out with friends. Oh, you can try to do homework, but it's not going to get done. Did my day contain doing just that? You bet it did. Yes, I ended up getting my homework done, but there are a lot of other things that I should be getting done as well. Like getting more shaving cream. ... I can use soap for one more day.
The other thing that warm weather does? Seeing as it stays brighter for longer, you tend to think you have more time in the day... which means you have plenty of time... not really.
Still, I can't complain about it. I'm just lucky to have it!

What's the biggest thing you realized you took for granted before college?

1 comment:

  1. I think the biggest thing I took for granted before coming to college was my mother's cooking. The dorm food was just bad, and while the sorority food was fine, it wasn't particularly flavorful.

    And now, I REALLY love cooking for myself. It's kind of funny how that works, really.

    ReplyDelete