Saturday, May 21, 2011

Orientation and Feeling Sickly

So here's what you missed last time on Glee! what happened yesterday and caused me to basically not be able to write any coherent thoughts.

It all started yesterday at Orientation. I woke up at about 7, believing that the orientation started at 10. You see, they told me that I would be receiving a letter with all of the information for the day. I never received said letter, but when I called the office they told me that it would start at ten. I was still nervous that the time wouldn't be correct, so I checked online... Online it said 7:30. Rushing out the door and hitching a ride, I was terrified that I would miss something.
I arrived at 7:50. Time of actual start? 10. Just... like she told me. Geez. So, ended up waiting for a couple hours just for things to start.

It was weird going around campus by myself. My lack of sense of direction helped me get a lot of walking in. I never realized it before, but the campus is quite pretty.

Not sure if it's as pretty as WOU though.

Speaking of WOU, weird thing happened. At my freshman orientation at WOU, there were PLUS team members that showed us around. I saw my PLUS team member at transfer orientation. Kind of awkward, kind of hilarious.

I had lunch, and that's when I started to get sick.

All I can say is that I felt awful. Even though my sister is sick herself, she helped me out while I was hardcore strugglebusing. I'm thinking that I may have gotten food poisoning, because I got sick. I could hardly move, and the only reason that I managed to type out what I typed out yesterday was because I had just hurled, making me feel slightly better for the moment. (TMI, yes.)

The weird thing that pissed me off the most was that today I was supposed to run my long run today. I ended up running a mile around the local track just so I wouldn't pass out in the middle of nowhere. It just- ARG.

Pretty much all I did today was sleep. I woke up, drove home, slept, woke up, slept again, ran a bit and showered. And here we are.

One of the worst things about getting sick? You feel like you've had the crap kicked out of you.

Probably going to bed soon? I think so. Oh, and huzzah! We all survived the rapture. Pish.

When was the last time you got sick? How did it affect the rest of your life?

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, ugh, ugh! Or more succinctly, ugh x3.

    I think the last time I got sick it was not so much a stomach thing and more of a chest thing, so I ran so I could sweat it and cough it out. There's nothing worse than that "What if I die in the middle of nowhere"-feeling though! I've definitely had that one. Solidarity.

    ReplyDelete