Monday, May 2, 2011

Time Flies, Screwy Weather and Things I Have Learned From Fictional Characters

I don't know how I ever felt like I had free time in high school. On Mondays when there's class from about 9 to 2, my whole day feels like it just disappeared.
The weather went back to its regular 45 degree temps. I think Mother Nature just likes to screw with us, especially when it starts pouring and you're dresses for summer. Goodness.

Today's lesson comes from Glee, but it also comes from many other situations. The reason I say Glee is because it is pretty much the main idea from Glee. Now, this lesson I learned from things like Glee, but the concept grew when I started to get older and realized that it really did make me like that.

The lesson is music can be some powerful stuff. It can sway your emotions like crazy.

The thing about Glee that's pretty ridiculous in my book is that they seem to try to solve every problem they have by singing. This isn't really the most logical way to deal with problems, but through some of the songs and situations you can actually bring some problems to light.

Also, it's obviously not just problems that music brings to light, but happiness, sorrow, anger, love. This isn't really a lesson, but it's funny when you think about how certain songs affect you.

For me, whenever I'm in the car driving myself, I sing Annette Hanshaw and music from Dr.Horrible. Sublime makes me think of lunch hours at my house with my friends in high school. Certain Owl City songs remind me of silly little crushes, and how ridiculous I was then.

I guess today's lesson is a little weak, but it's what I've got for today. I'm feeling like I really haven't gotten much done, but at the same time felt like there was no time. Which is completely ridiculous because there was plenty of time... Right? Bah, I'm just confusing myself.

What songs evoke memories in you?

No comments:

Post a Comment