Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Working Together or Working Alone

Long day is long. What can you do, right?

As I've gotten older, I've learned that I don't necessarily play well with others. I do better at things like running or tennis than basketball or soccer. Which brings me to this: Group projects and I? Do not get along.

For my History of Fashion class, I have to work with a partner to write a paper. We've gotten done with it, now it just needs tweaking. However, the process was excruciating for me. It's all about whether I'm doing enough or not, and I can never figure it out. I always stress about not doing enough, and I hate when other people try to take over. That has been a problem with this project.
Before we met to write the paper, I studied up some information. I was terrified that she was going to have researched so much more without me. That wasn't something I needed to worry about apparently, because she hadn't looked up any information.
When we finally started working on the paper through an online document, I felt like she started to take over. I had had some trouble getting into the project due to the fact that I had been sick, and it was difficult to get simple thoughts together let alone writing a paper. When I looked upon the information she had written up on the document, a lot of the information was stuff that I had already researched... that I had talked to her about before.
We've gotten most of the stuff worked out, but she's kind of made me feel like I'm doing less work than I should. And it's not fair, because the only reason it's working out like that is because it feels like she's not even giving me a chance to work on things. Maybe I should be happy about that, but you might already get why I'm not due to my personality.

Well, yep. That's just how I feel on group projects.

Other than that, just been busy. Tomorrow, on the other hand should (hopefully) be pretty relaxed. Didn't mean to talk so negatively today, whoops!

Do you work better in group projects or in solo projects?

1 comment:

  1. I feel like with group projects, you're either over-prepared or you're under-prepared. There's no such thing as everyone being on the same page.

    ReplyDelete