Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday the Thirteenth and Daunting Things That Shouldn't Be

It's Friday the thirteenth! Anyone out there superstitious?
The day doesn't bother me too much, but it really shouldn't since my sister was born on a Friday the thirteenth. In October. Then again, I sometimes use this to state why she can be a bitch sometimes.
Ah, sister love.

Today I set out to do a ten mile run, and I was freaked out. Why be freaked out? I've ran that much before at least twice. I've even run farther than that. Being freaked out seemed a bit weird, but then I got to thinking about it. Before I signed up for the race in October, I automatically started running a little bit farther every time I went out on a long run. It's only now that I've started to get freaked out about it, and I think I know why. Take the art student, for example. They adore art, they love to make art. However, when it comes to an art assignment, they procrastinate. They don't want to do it. The reason why is because now they have to do it. It's not something they're doing for fun, it's something they're doing for a grade. I enjoy running, but it gets scary when I'm required to go farther.
Speaking of running, I'm going to get new shoes tomorrow. Goodness, money is disappearing quickly lately, but it's for necessary things. I might have passed the 500 mile mark for these shoes, and when you can feel at least five rocks trying to stab their way through your shoes it's probably time to do something about it.

Tonight I'm going to a dance thing in a dress from eight grade. Yes, it fits me. This is what happens when you decide to slim down your senior year of high school.

What's something you love to do that seems daunting when it's required?

1 comment:

  1. I COMPLETELY understand what you mean about procrastinating on runs. Running during the week is just...fine but on the weekends when I have to do a long one (like the 15 miler I'm going to get started on in an hour?!) I'm just a mess.

    ReplyDelete