Saturday, May 14, 2011

Different Personality Friends, New Running Shoes and Gels

Sometimes, you simply wonder just where the time goes. It's already past 11!

So last night was the Cinderella Ball held by one of the dorm halls at my school. It was just a fun night to go out to dinner in fancy dresses and dance around like a crazy person.
I ended up going with two of my pals from school. It was fun going with friends because the last time I went to a dance with a date, it ended up being really awkward. Perhaps that's what happens when you ask a very shy sophomore to a dance. Oh well.

Not the best picture of me. Yikes.
Some people only see certain sides of you. Maybe it's so we fit better into the mold that society gives to us, maybe it's just so we have as many people as possible like us. I can't say. I bring this up due to the fact that the friends I went with are... a lot more religious than I am. Our usual conversations are alright, but it gets kind of awkward in certain situations. They'll start talking about worship, and I simply sit there thinking, "Please change the subject, please?" Other odd thing about our personalities? I think parties... college parties are fun. Ones that aren't as innocent as they were in grade school for someone's birthdays. I can't really show these guys this side of my personality, because... Well, I guess I don't know why.

I went to go buy my new shoes today! They're pretty much the same type of shoes that I had before despite being a different wave number or something. They're Mizunos again, and they feel a lot like my old shoes. I like 'em though. I don't know how my run is going to be with them though.

The other things that I bought at the running store? Some running gels!

I don't know when I'm going to use them, but I became overly excited about buying them. Crazy? Perhaps. My real concern is knowing how far I should be running to consider actually use them. I grabbed Strawberry Banana, Vanilla Bean, Vanilla Orange, Mint Chocolate and the Pineapple one above. Gah, they make me just want to go on long runs!

To my runners out there: Have you ever used running gels? How far/long did you run to use them?
Are there certain friends you act differently around?

1 comment:

  1. I've never used running gels - I need to start, but mostly, I'm just really overwhelmed by the idea of it.

    I wouldn't say that I act differently around certain friends but I definitely have certain friends that I do certain activities/avoid others with.

    ReplyDelete