Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Getting Into the Swing of Things

So the roller coaster that has been my week is starting to chug on back to the station of sanity. Wait... what? Okay, let's just do a recap of what's been going on so far in my life during this week. Okay? Okay.

Indeed, I've had of list of things to do for the week that seems to be growing but at the same time, is finally starting to feel like things are getting marked off. For instance, I was able to get a chance tonight to put things up on the wall. They've been sitting on my desk in a pile mocking me for the past week, so it was nice to clear off some space. Funny thing is, I've been doing little things all week to get my area all organized. It just feels like it's pretty much there. Here's a peek, and please ignore the fact that I'm still decorating like a preteen. I just need things on the wall.

Yes that is a Harry Potter poster. And shut up, don't judge.



In other news, I have been keeping myself busy not just with organizing the room. Yesterday I wandered over to the rec center to try out a fitness class with my sister. Y'know, now that I'm here it's kind of nice to have a sibling at the same school. She knows how things work, and at least I have a bit of a connection.

Speaking of connections... My loserness is coming out like crazy it seems. It's just so hard getting to know people at a completely new school, especially since I don't have the dorm connection with anyone or anything. It's a bit troublesome. But I am trying. I'm trying to find out information about clubs, all of that jazz. That brings us to something I stopped by to check out today called the Alpha Phi Omegas. They're a co-ed fraternity thing that does a lot of volunteer work. It sounds interesting, but at the same time I don't think I'm that good of a person. I'm not the type who usually goes out to volunteer, but who knows? I'm also going to check out some other things, such as an information meeting tomorrow about running club.

So there's still a lot that I'm still trying to figure out. Starting out at a new school, along with a wave of hormonal emotions (you know what I mean), it's just been a little scary. Having my printer jam at 10pm last night didn't help the nerves either.

As for tomorrow, I have one class that starts at noon. Nice. However, I have to run and get a decently sized assignment done for Friday tomorrow as well. Perhaps I'll have time to finally organize the living room? We'll see.

What types of groups did you join in college?

1 comment:

  1. I was in a sorority in college. Even if you don't think that you're a Sorority Girl, I promise that unless you live under a rock, you are. There's a chapter for everyone (seriously) so if you're open to it, I would highly recommend looking into it.

    ReplyDelete