Sunday, September 25, 2011

Learning About the Political Game

It's Saturday Night Live!

Yeah, I'm back at the house, for one last night. Back to school, actually starting Monday. Guh. Now that it's here, I'm freaking out. I'm going off track though. What was I talking about? Yes, SNL.

It's the new season of SNL, and as you know (or not), I adore SNL. Or I just love comedic actors. Well the first sketch of SNL is usually a political sketch of some kind. Of course, it was about political debates about the potential presidential candidates. That got me to thinking about, well the 2012 elections.

Yes, they're more than a year away, but advertisements are already starting up. This is my first year for voting for the president. What a wild responsibility! Sure, I'm just one person but each vote (sorta) counts.

Being able to vote should mean being able to make an educated decision on who to vote for. However, a lot of people don't get the knowledge they should about voting. Is it because they don't have the access to the appropriate knowledge? Or maybe they don't want to make an effort to get informed. I just don't want that to be me.

So I've got to ask y'all: Where do you get informed about presidential candidates, and their views?

I know many news sources are biased, but what are some good ones that aren't as biased? There's got to be some out there, right?

Other than that, I'm starting to get addicted to Words With Friends on my phone. It's pretty much Scrabble with people you know. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment