Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Clean Up Experience

Well, I'm here. Here as in sitting on the floor of the room of my apartment, trying not to get distracted by all of the things that still need to be done.

The transformation of becoming my mother is happening once again. I've become a crazed cleaning machine.

Since the last time I came up to the apartment, the pile of  "do I actually need this?" grew and grew. Currently I have a couple of multiples of things that aren't that necessary while I'm missing things I use everyday. My organization skills were not up to par on this whole moving experience.

That leads to coming in to my apartment today, still not having anything organized, and having more random crap to bring in.

The bottom line is I've been cleaning for about 7 hours. It's not just organizing my stuff either. It's cleaning the bathroom floor, scrubbing the toilet, cleaning the kitchen counters... Goodness. I haven't even finished my room, nor decorated, nor gotten the kitchen supplies put away. Then again, I probably should have started before three...

People tend to not believe me when I say that I like to be organized. However, as you can probably tell by now, I do. I don't like to stop until everything's set up the way I like... but I'm about to pass out.

The organizing spree will continue tomorrow! And hopefully by then, I'll have everything done so pics can occur.

Do you like to be organized, or messy?

1 comment:

  1. When I'm settling in somewhere, my organizing is like...manic. I can't stop nesting until we are in...a nest.

    ReplyDelete