Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Digging through the past

I was so close. Close to having a good chunk of my things packed up. Close to actually having walking room on the floor of my bedroom. Then I got to what I call The Art Box. Packed up in a specific box last summer, the art box contained quite a few sketchbooks, and hundreds of pieces of paper. All with drawings on them. Somehow, this lead to a cleansing of the pile. Every so often (it's about every year), I go through the pile of drawings, and look to see which ones I don't like anymore. Sure, I see plenty that have awful proportions but that's not what matters. What matters is if the drawings bring out certain memories and such. Some do, some don't.

As I've said before, I used to be a major art person. I even became art student of the year at my high school. That's what makes it so weird to think I never draw these days. I mean, it was a huge part of my life for years! Where did that go?

Most of the time, I don't think about it but going through the pile made me miss it. Along with drawing, there were multiple characters I created and some had very detailed stories. Sure a few of them were ridiculous, but I grew attached. ...it's an art kid thing.

There are some things that I don't think I'll ever return to from my past, but hopefully I can get some of my art self back.

What's something you used to do all of the time that you never do anymore? Why not?

1 comment:

  1. When I was younger, I used to dance and even though it has been years, I STILL miss it. It's funny how those things fall to the side, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete