Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Last Long Run

As I ran through a town with paths unknown something came to my realization: I didn't write a post for yesterday. Goodness, what is wrong with me? Personally, I blame football games. Last time I messed up on posting was because of long run stress. Last night? I plum forgot. So football=forgetfulness.

For today? Two posts will occur. You have been warned.

The first post is about running. Because that's how I work.

Today's run was my last long run. That means the taper has officially begun. Weird. The original plan for today was to run at least 18 miles. This would also be my first long run in a non-hometown setting, and I was worried. I don't know why, but I've been a bit worried about running on paths other than my normal ones. Because I know my distances? I'm not sure. But I took off, and had a fantastic run.

As for 18 miles, that idea was thrown to the wind. Today? Today I ran 21 miles. That's farther than I've ever run yet! But now? Now I must taper, and that's a bizarre thought. Hopefully I can go into more details later,  but for now I cannot.

1 comment:

  1. 21 miles is awesome, lady! Stay strong, drink lots of water and take care of yourself - you're going to do fantastically come race day :) I'm so proud you - you've worked so hard for this!

    ReplyDelete