Monday, September 19, 2011

The Elementary School Way

I've known that most people are already back to college town, but I sure didn't realize how bad it was until I biked over to the library. The sun made a little guest appearance today before hiding away for the rest of fall, which was alright in my book. As I made my way to the library, I noticed that the town was empty. It was like WOU four days of the week!

Seriously though, there was no one around. Until school got out.

It's a little strange to me seeing elementary school kids. They just seem so... different. I rode by, and saw outfits that high schoolers should be wearing. As you can see, my crotchety side is coming out but I'm serious. What happened to only people my age wearing knee high boots? When I have kids, I just know I'm going to have issues with how they dress. I'm probably going to end up dressing them like kids from the 1940's, in little suits and dresses.

Even though these kids dress like they're my age, I still tried to set a good example as I moseyed on by. I stopped at the cross walks. I let others pass. I would have gotten a Warm Fuzzie for my behaviour. (It's something from my elementary days).

One of the most interesting things I saw was the cross walker Rosa. The reason it's interesting is because she was a cross walker when I was in elementary school. I can't believe she's still doing it! And on Fridays, she would give out treats. Ah, memories.

Tomorrow I head off to campus for good. At least then my company won't be all under 12 years old.

What's something that you see in elementary school kids today that seems bizarre to your elementary school self?

No comments:

Post a Comment