Friday, September 23, 2011

Acting Your Own Age

I just realized that it's exactly a month until I turn twenty. That's weird.

What happens when you turn twenty? Since you're no longer a teenager, are you officially an adult? I don't really know.

I've been thinking about my age a lot lately, and it's not because of the fact stated above. It's because of 1. When I see other college kids and 2. The amount of help I get from my parents.

Let's start off with the college kids thing. Even though I guess I'm a full-blown college kid now, I just don't feel like I am. To me, the other college people look like they're so much older than me. That's what I think in my head, but I've been assured that I look college aged. However on the other side of the spectrum, I feel older in personality. I don't like a lot of the trends that people my age like. I don't text often, and I hardly care about Facebook. I feel like I don't fit in with my age group. I want to, I just... don't. I have a cousin who fits perfectly into the age group, but I don't want to be like that. I dunno.

The other part of thinking about my age comes from help from my parents. Mostly my mom. I think that I get way too much help from my parents. Sometimes I ask for it, but a lot of the time it seems like my mom just can't stop. I want her to, but at the same time I'm scared to have that happen. There are things that I need to be responsible for, and sometimes it feels like I don't get the chance to be responsible. It also could be that I don't know how to accept help, and I should grow into that. Hell, I don't know. I am still a teenager (for now).

So, that's just me for now in a nutshell. Needs to become more independent, too afraid to do it. Feh.

What age do you feel like you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment