Saturday, September 10, 2011

Road Trip Recap

I can't believe it's already Saturday again. I didn't feel like I was gone for about a week, but here we are.

Now that I'm at my own computer again, I can write posts that have (some) sense in them. Truthfully, while I was on my trip I didn't want to be writing at all, but the whole thing involved a lack of planning. Anywho...


If you've seen any of my gibberish from this week, you might have known my sister, mom and I road tripped it up towards the north. On our first day, we ended up not actually getting to, you know, road trip status. We went to where I pretty much go every weekend, my cousins' house. The reason we ended up staying the night was because we ended up being part of a cleaning spree that happened in my grandma's room while she was away. I don't know if it's age, or collecting tendencies, but if my grandma lived alone she might end up having a house on Hoarders. I found a ton of empty containers, a good amount of toothbrushes... Ridiculous.
Our next stop was in the next state, Washington. As I said, drivers up there be crazy! We talked about how maybe the cops don't care as much about speed laws because they have sales tax, so money distribution with taxes is different. I dunno.
I don't know who out there is from Washington, but we've decided y'all are scrappy. Along with your zippy cars, my mom and sister spotted signs that apparently said "Don't litter, or we will hurt you." Something along those lines.

We were able to stay the night at my aunt's house up there, which was really nice. They live by some pretty nice houses. (Their house is nice too.)

While we were in Washington, we spent a day in Seattle. I've never been to Seattle, (except when I was really young), so it was fantastic. While there, I bought a nice cheese. Then my mom bought me two more, some salami, and a mini baguette. Another nice thing about traveling with family? I think so.
Buying my cheese.  It was called... Manchego? It was from Spain! Delish.
Oh, and a trip up the Space Needle!

Geez, I need to start wearing some color on my lips. And cut my hair. And other stuff.
It's funny how dependent we are on technology. While we were on our trip, we used our phones for directions, looking up places to go, information... until we crossed the border. Once we passed that border, it became: "Would you like to pay a fortune on phone usage?" I think not.


My comment on the people of Vancouver still stands. Obese people do not exist up there, and there are hardly any slightly overweight people. It was a bit intimidating, but at the same time kind of motivating. So if you want to stay thin, go to Vancouver and live there.
Being on a running schedule is kind of weird on vacation because you have to plan around it. There were times that I hated it because I felt like everyone was waiting on me to get my run done to do anything, but I'm glad I did. Running in Washington was extremely hilly, but not a bad run at all. Then there was my run around Stanley Park in Vancouver, which was fantastic. Seriously, if you're a runner and you go up there on vacation, go there. It's about 6 miles, but if you take a wrong turn and keep running on the beach, you can get your 8 miles in like I did. Another nice thing about my Stanley Park run was my sister rented a bike and went along with me. I've been running alone all this time, so it was really nice to have some company.

A lot of this trip involved visiting markets of some kind. They were cool markets!

Good gosh, I love cities. I told my sister to punch me if in the future I don't end up living in a city for at least a year of my life.

I could go on and on, but I should get going. I had to drive the car home from my cousins' house last night, so the mom and sis do not have a way to get home... Yeah.

In other news, today's run was good. 20 miles running, then a 2.8 mile walk/jog back home. Did not plan very well for that. Still, I just wanted to get 20 miles in, and I did. Yes!

What was the last trip you took? Was it with family or friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment