Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Wondering How Karma Works

I always say that I should write a couple of posts days before... yeah, that will probably never happen. So a quick post tonight!

All of my life, I've tried to believe in karma. If you do good things, good things will happen to you. If you end up having a really awful day, karma will make sure it adds up your good karma total, making something amazing happen in the future.
Why do I believe this? I'd like to think it's most likely because I've heard so many underdog stories in my life. "He grew up in the slums, but worked hard and now he's famous." I mean, the best example we can look at is Annie.

Well, Aladdin kind of has that message too.
The cave... of WONDERS! I always wondered why it had an earring.
All of that is well and good, but I've been having my doubts more and more lately.
I've seen terrible things happen to good people. I've seen amazing things happen to awful people. I always think to myself, "Karma will kick in."

But will it?

What if someone else's version of karma says you haven't been worthy of good karma, despite what you think? Like babies who die! What were they even capable of doing badly to deserve the karmic bitchslap? That's not fair at all!
I guess that karma does show its face in certain situations obviously, like when someone is being a jerk and they're called on it. Still, you never know.

Despite all of my karma bashing tonight, a little thought still creeps through my brain.
"If you do good things, good things will happen. Even if things seem tough, things will always get better."
And I could go on and on and on about this, but I seriously don't have the time.

On a final note, my sister started reading my blog tonight. So hello Chloe dear! I'll be sure to add more out of context inside jokes than usual.

Who is this hermano?
What's your view on karma?

1 comment:

  1. I definitely believe in karma, but I also believe that it's really hard to see in-action. I think it has to do with that whole principle of us not caring about how the universe adjusts itself and just trusting that it will work out.

    Easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete